Monday, April 27, 2009

Kids say the darndest things...


With each passing day Maudie is becoming much more verbal...and much more entertaining. She's actually learning to get her point across and her train-of-thought brings me to stitches. Here are a few stories that I would like to share with you.

As I was tucking her into bed on Saturday night, she climbed into bed and laid flat on her back waiting for me to cover her up and plop a kiss on her cheek. She normally crawls in the other way so I asked her if she wanted to flip on her tummy before I tucked her in (to avoid the dreaded shifting blanket dilemma). This was her response as she turned to face the wall: "No mommy, on my elbow." Translation: she wanted to sleep on her side.


It rained here all weekend and Maudie and I did not leave the house. She was such a good girl all weekend and I was craving some ice-cream so we jumped in the car and cruised thru the McDonalds and got a couple of McFlurries. I told her we had to wait until we got home to eat them....if she was a good girl. This was her response in her sweetest voice: "Happy Birthday, Mommy." My birthday is in October, I guess it was the nicest thing she could think of.


Last week I was picking up Maudie from the babysitter and I was stitting on the floor with her and Jack (Kristeen's 8-month boy), whom she adores. She was showering him with hugs and kisses and playing peek-a-boo with him to make him chuckle. I said to her, "Do you love Jack?" She quickly reponded, "Yeeeaaahhh, marry him."


We've also been working on the concept of 'names', specifically that her name is Maudie Lynn Heideman. She has it down pretty well. Then we learned that daddy's name is Chris Heideman.... now when she needs his attention she yells, "CHRIS!". She couldn't have picked that up from me!?! My name is still Mommy Heideman.


No comments:

Post a Comment