Thursday, April 30, 2009

Just in case anyone cares how I'm doing....

I had a regular doctor appointment with my totally handsome OB/GYN on Monday. I think he puts Dr.McDreamy (Grey's Anatomy) to shame...mostly because he's actually a doctor and it doesn't hurt that he's smoking hot. He's totally metro-sexual and if I hadn't seen photos of his gorgeous wife and five gorgeous kids in uber-hip office, I'd swear he was gay. Anywhoooo, (I'm getting a little off topic here) everything was good with the exception of my blood pressure, which was a tad high. Dr. McHotty said it was nothing and he'll have his nurse check it next week to make sure. On Tuesday I got a headache, which returned on Wednesday to the point that I had Chris take me home an hour after I got to work. I surely thought is was the end....preeclampsia was beginning to rear her ugly head.

Well today (Thurs) I still had the headache, so I called and got an appointment with the NP and got some blood drawn. Turns out everything is absolutely fine, my BP is back down, my labs are 'stone cold normal' and the stress-test they did on baby Charlie was great. They measured plenty of movement, with normal heart acceleration (which shows he's getting enough oxygen from the placenta). I do have a little protein in my urine, but it's nothing to worry about at this point. Except the fact that I still have a friggin' headache....better not be a tumor (right, Chris?...no sympathy).

Here's a little clip of my OB/GYN from YouTube...I like to turn down the volume and pretend he's whispering sweet nothings in my ear. Just tune out the part about 'clothes on' and 'my wife.' Lord, please don't ever let him find this blog.... I'd be so embarrassed! It's bad enough he's up close and personal with all my mommy parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment