Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Clean Bill of Health

Would you believe that there is only three of this in this family and we had 4 doctor appointments today. Chris was responsible for two of them and Maudie and I had regular checkups. We all passed with a clean bill of health.
Chris got his little sleep apnea machine this morning, which is nice. Maybe now I'll get some rest and his ribs will heal from me constantly poking him to roll over. Of course, this will limit the number of impromptu midnight make-out sessions....but that never happened before the machine. In all honesty, it's a pretty cool little machine and I think it will help Chris get a better night's sleep.
Charlie is doing well....he's growing right on schedule. All my lab tests look good and my blood pressure is perfect. I hope it can remain that way. The only thing the doctor mentioned is that I may be a bit hypoglycemic based on when and how I feel when I'm tired (shaky). I just have to eat a little through out the day so that I don't have dips in my blood sugar. Probably wouldn't hurt to slow down a bit too.
Maudie is also doing great. She is 28.5 pounds and 35 inches tall which puts her at the 69% for weight and 76% for height. She has a tiny head at 47 cm (34%)....doesn't get that from her dad. She is at or has exceeded all the 2 year-old milestones. Yeah, she's pretty much the smartest kid ever. She only had to get one shot this time and she took it pretty well. She only kicked the nurse in the chest once, causing the nurse to completely miss the injection site with the band-aide. After the shot we got to pick out a brand new helmet for this summer's biking adventures. She was less thrilled than I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment