Thursday, April 30, 2009

Charlie has a rooom!

It's reassuring to know that if Charlie was born today that he'd have a room to call his own...not that he's going to sleep in it for a couple of months. It still needs a few things: a dresser, an ottoman, a table, a lamp, fluffy stuff to make it feel cozy, some floating shelfs, wall hangings, maybe a rug. I must say Chris did an outstanding job painting the room. Good Job, Hun! The color is cute too, although it washes out a bit with the camera flash.

Naturally, Maudie thought we were setting up the room for her. After I got the sheet on the mattress, she went into her room to fetch her blanket and pillow. I tried the best I could to explain to her who's bed it was, but I don't know if it sank in. Then when she was downstairs Chris moved the green rocking chair from her room into his and moved the wicker rocker from the spare room into hers. She noticed the switch-a-roo just now when I put her to bed. I'm not sure how she's going to handle that one. She still wants to "baby bye" (translation- rock a bye baby) occasionally before she crawls into bed and she loves that chair. Plus I think a square shaped, chocolate brown chair would look super cute in Charlie's room.







A few things that I ordered off etsy for Charlie's room

Pinwheel Mobile for above the crib made by mamax2

Set of 7 prints made by mamax2

Today was the last day my Etsy shop was open until after my maternity leave.... I really need a break if for nothing else but to catch up on some stuff I've been meaning to do. I need to make Charlie a hospital kimono, a blanket and maybe a 'little bro, big sis" shirt for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment