Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Day to Myself



Jennie's birthday is coming up next week and since we're heading back to the Holden Farm for Easter, Chris took Maudie and the dogs up to Horicon for the weekend. Maudie was so excited to go bye-bye to Grandma's house she sat with her shoes and backpack on for an hour before Chris got home from work. A great time was had by all, from what I understand.
Meanwhile, back at home I was able to get a few things checked off my to-do list. First and foremost, I took a 3-hour nap. It was glorious...no guilt, no interruptions. After my nap, I decided to do the taxes....nothing like putting things off until the last minute. They took me about 4 hours, but I was kindly rewarded with a refund. Yeah!! After dinner and a bubble bath, I spent the next 3 hours cleaning the house. It's amazing how much more energy you have when you don't have to chase a 2-year old around the house. I didn't sleep to well...I never do when Chris is gone. But I did get to sleep in, which was AWESOME! After awaking and thumbing thru the Sunday paper I went downtown for a coffee, came home and hit the sewing machine.
I was able to finish Maudie's sheets and blanket before they came home around 1ish. The sheet set is a green with white polka dots. The blanket is two layer of incredibly soft minky (pink on one side, brown on the other) with a polka dot binding around it...all made by hand. This is how I imagined Maudie would react to my new creations: "A new blanket! Oh, you are the best Mommy in the world. Let's go make my toddler bed so I can take a nice long nap!" Instead this is how it played out..."No, Mom! I don't want it" No matter how many times I put the blanket on her bed she tore it off and threw it out her door. How rude. Apparently she doesn't take to change well. The little turd. After refusing a nap I took her down stairs with me so that she could 'help' me make her bed spread. Maybe if she had a hand in it, she'd let me put it on her bed. I made it with a lotus flower print on one side and pink chenille on the other. I have it admit it's pretty adorable, and she was pretty proud. She let me put it on, I'll let you know if she actually sleeps in it. The only thing left is a couple of throw pillows which I plan to monogram with appliques.

No comments:

Post a Comment