Sunday, August 2, 2009

Watch out for the cottage cheese!



Well, today Charlie was injured for the first time at the hand of his sister. We had just left church early because Maudie is about to jump into the baptismal fountain. I decided to make a quick stop at the Piggly Wiggly to pick up some chicken to grill along with the first sweet corn of the summer. I had just put the chicken in the cart and we were perusing through the dairy section. Maudie picks up a large container of cottage cheese and hurls it into the cart. It bounced off Charlie's poor little head and landed in his lap. So, here I am standing in front of the dairy case with Charlie screaming in my arms, Maudie trying to push the cart through the glass doors of the freezers and the teenage empolyee asking me if I'd like to sample the pizza. To make it worse, I tried to bee-line it to the check out and continusouly was getting stopped by little old ladies telling me how precious my little girl was. I was tempted to sell her... for cheap. She did apoligize to Charlie... ALL the way home, at the TOP of her lungs.
In her defense, Maudie has had a trying week. After spending her entire swim lesson crying, I decided that her pacifier is no good for her anymore. At almost 2 1/2 she needs to learn to cope without her beloved Nukkie. In times where she is REALLY jonesing for it, we give her a piece of bubble gum. Hubba Bubble... it's like Nicorette for pacifiers. She is doing well without it, she still gets one at night when she crawls into bed and gives it up as soon as she comes downstairs. She's also doing pretty well with potty training, however we are far from ditching the diaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment