Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Another Last

Well here it is, the long dreaded last day of maternity leave. As I sit here, waiting for my Lean Cuisine Panini to heat in the microwave, I'm looking over to Charlie who is sleeping soundly in his swing. I cant help to get choked up with overwhelming feelings of leaving him tomorrow. Don't get me wrong it's not because of a lack of confidence in our babysitter. She's truly a part of my family & has become a second mother to Maudie. If I want anyone to take care of my kids, it's her.
I'm sad because inevitably we have reached another last in our lives and it is a shocking reminder of how fast moments slip away. And no matter what you have planned and how you expect time to pass, it doesn't always work that way. I'm OK with that. I didn't get all the sewing done that I wanted to, or clean the front closet out, or get Maudie's room painted. However, I did spend many quiet moments together with my little man and those are memories that are more important than scrubbing the dog prints off the floor.
In honor of our last day on Maternity leave, Charlie and I had a little photo session to capture the perfect photo for my desk. We had some fun with one of the 'Mom' tattoos Heather gave Maudie for her birthday and I slicked his hair into a fohawk. I wanted a photo that would make me smile, and these have done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment