Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Scenes of Summer




All these photos were taken around our house in the past week or so. Everthing is so beautiful in full bloom and Mya and Maudie were having fun with the Tiger Lilies. Why is it my daughter that has to get a good smell?
I've been meaning to post about how much I love our new location for a while now. Don't get me wrong, waterfront property on a crystal clear lake would be ideal but being born and raised in the country I appreciate farm land. That is why I adore looking out my bay window or sitting on my deck and watching the winter wheat that was planted in the field this year. There was days when it was young and green that it would catch the breeze and ripple like water. Other days it looked like the softest velvet laid over the rolling hills. As the grains dried they turned the most striking gold, especially in twilight. I found it hypnotic. I was sad when they harvested it this weekend, but Maudie was ecstatic that the farmer waved at her every time he made a pass.



1 comment:

  1. I keep coming back to this entry just to look and laugh at the picture of Maudie with the lily up her nose. haha. She's too cute!

    ReplyDelete