Thursday, June 25, 2009

We've been busy...



Things have been pretty busy around here. Not only with the new addition to our family, but we've also taking advantage of summertime.
My mom spent the first week home with us inorder to help out while I was healing from the cesarean. Although I enjoyed the time with her here, it is nice to finally be back to 'us' and get life a little more back to normal. However, I do miss the home-cooked meals (that I don't have to make) and the fresh laundry done on a daily basis. Maudie's temper and stubborn behavior was in full bloom while Mom was here, but I can't blame her. She saw right through the fact that Grandma was trying to distract her from me and Charlie. Unfortunalty I think Mom went home with the impression that she wasn't well liked, when infact it was just Maudie being 2 and adjusting to a huge change in her life.
Maudie is doing much better now that the visitors have diminished. She takes such a vested interest in Charlie and does anything she can to make sure he's happy. The other night as we were sitting down to dinner Charlie started to fuss in his swing. She stood up in her chair and yelled "Oh no, Mom! He's crying! Feed Him!" On the feeding topic, I was afraid she was going to have a huge problem with me breast feeding Charlie. Infact the opposite is true. She is absolutely fine with it and sometimes wants to help by keeping a hand on his cheek. I'm waiting for her to try and breast feed her babies.
We are keeping her involved in lots of activities this summer to help expend some of her limitless energy. She started Gymnastics last weekend and absolutely loves it. It's just a half-hour class that is ment to develop fine motor skills and muscle control. Plus, she gets to meet lots of other kids her age which is great for her social skills. Swimming lessons starts next month.

Last weekend we actually ventured out the house for the first time. Chris' entire family met up and we went to the Milwaukee County Zoo for the day. It was the first time Maudie, Charlie and I had ever been there. The park was amazing I got the biggest thrill seeing Maudie react to all the new animals. Charlie could've cared less. The weather was blasted hot and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. One thing I enjoy the most about tourist attractions is people watching and the freaks were out on this particular weekend. There was 2 people in the entire park without a shirt on, one was Chris' 5 year old cousin who spilled 'Sponge Bob' ice cream on his shirt and this guy...... I caught up with him and his girlfriend in the Monkey exhibit and couldn't resist snapping a photo. I can't deside was is more disgusting, his calves or his girlfriend. I hope she enjoys his abnormally large viens pulsing throught his body because with all the steroids there cant be much of his penis left.
Today Chris and I took the kids to the Middleton pool. As most of you know Maudie is a water-baby and cant get enough of the water. We were all having a great time until some little kid pooped in the pool and they had to close. Thank God it wasn't my kid.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics! I can't wait to meet him. Only two weeks left.

    ReplyDelete