Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Flu Hits Hard


A couple of weeks ago Chris & I were struck with the worst stomach flu we had ever experienced (at least since we were 10). I thought I had sufficiently Lysoled & disinfected the house. Unfortunately it reared it's ugly head again. Maudie suddenly fell ill Friday night when we got back from the movie store. She ripped off her coat & sweatshirt and screamed that she was SOOO COLD. After a few minutes cuddling with Daddy, her skin felt like she was on fire. I put her in her jammies, gave her some medicine & hoped that a good night's sleep would be the cure. The next moring she was still feverish so she spend the day in Mommy's bed watching movies (Daddy even hooked up the DVD player, just for her to watch the movies we rented). Her fever spiked at 6:00 at 105.5. I put her in the bath, gave her another dose of motrin & called the nurse. There's not much one can do, but keep her hydrated & cool (and feel completely helpless). She's on the mend now, following a 4 1/2 hour nap this afternoon. Her fever broke while she was sleeping and we found her, head drenched in a pool of sweat. May I note that the entire time she was ill she insisted that she was 'NOT SICK!!!"
Charlie was also running a low grade fever this weekend, but I'm pretty sure he was Senior Crabby Pants because he's teething & not from the flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment